Child Care Planning Council
The mission of the Child Care Planning Council (CCPC) of Sonoma County is to convene and inspire the community through collaboration, leadership, and advocacy to promote and plan for quality child care and development for the benefit of all children (birth to 18), their families, and Sonoma County.
News & Announcements
- Early Learners Conference | The Early Learners Conference will take place on March 28 at SSU.
- Child Care Needs Assessment Update | CCPC announces the publication of the Sonoma County Child Care Needs Assessment Update 2014 (pdf).
- Annual Report of Accomplishments | CCPC announces the publication of its Annual Report of Accomplishments, 2013-14 (pdf).
- Child Care Trends | CCPC announces the publication of Sonoma County Child Care Trends 2014 (pdf).
- Infographic highlights economic impact of child care | The Child Care Planning Council announces the publication of the Sonoma County Economic Impact Report on Child Care Infographic (pdf).
60-Second Video: Preschool Support from Unexpected Messengers
Members of five nonprofit membership organizations have produced a video touting the benefits of high-quality preschool. The nonprofit organizations comprise the unique and powerful voices of business, retired military leaders, law enforcement, faith, and sports.
Watch: Are We Crazy About Our Kids? (32 minutes)
Science has demonstrated that a child’s experiences during the earliest years are vital to building the foundation for life-long success – in school and in life. Now economists are studying the costs and benefits of high quality early care and preschool. And they’re worried. Not because we’re spending too much, but because we’re spending too little where it matters most.
Are We Crazy About Our Kids? is one episode of the six-part documentary series The Raising of America: Early Childhood and the Future of Our Nation, slated for release this winter and for PBS broadcast next spring. Visit www.raisingofamerica.org for more on the series and how to get involved with the public engagement campaign to change the conversation early childhood in our nation.
Participate with CCPC
Sign up for the CCPC LISTSERV
To receive meeting agendas for the Child Care Planning Council of Sonoma County and/or the weekly CCPC e-news with articles, training information, and more, please email Carol Simmons at email@example.com.
Become a member of CCPC
See our Membership information.
Send your thoughts and input
Do you have an opinion or thoughts you’d like to share with CCPC about child care and development? Email Council Coordinator Carol Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCPC is a member of the Sonoma County Partnership for Children, a community movement promoting children and youth first in politics, policies, and investments. Please become a member of Partnership for Children and support the campaign! There is no cost to join, but there’s a huge benefit to our community when we put children and youth first. Learn more...