Student Enterprise Summit
This all-day event is designed to highlight and share best practices for:
- Anchoring integrated multidisciplinary curriculum in student-run businesses
- Developing authentic audiences for meaningful assessment
- Creating high-student-interest, self-sustaining career pathways
- Navigating legal and financial issues unique to student enterprise
This is an opportunity for educators, students, and industry partners to come together and discuss ideas, implementation challenges, and legal issues. Included will be presentations by representatives from local industries on what students need to know and be able to do, a student enterprise trade fair with booths staffed by student entrepreneurs, a panel discussion on financial and legal issues related to student-run businesses, hands-on business planning and program design support for developing school-based businesses, and the launch of a student businesses-to-business website.
When: This biennial event will next be held in the 2018-19 school year.
Location: North Coast Builders Exchange, 1030 Apollo Way, Santa Rosa
Grades/ Audience: Educators, Students in Grades 6-12, Industry Partners
- Event Manager/Spokesperson: Chuck Wade, Coordinator of Instructional Supports
email@example.com or 707-524-8404