Child Care Planning Council
CARES Quality Counts Program Participant Information
Sonoma CARES Quality Counts is a professional development program designed to improve the quality of early learning programs. Check out the What's New section for updated information on the CARES program.
CARES Quality Counts is now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 program year on a first-come, first-served basis.
CARES Quality Counts will be limited to the first 100 applicants! Priority will be given to educators working in sites that are participating in the QIRS Quality Counts Program. In order to be considered for the program follow the steps below.
- To apply: Submit the required CARES Quality Counts Online Application: English | Spanish
- Submit a completed W-9 form: English | Spanish
- Information Releases: SRJC | SSU
- Register for a Workforce ID
- CDE Short Form: English | Spanish
Applications will not be considered for enrollment until a completed W-9 form, Information Release (if attending the SRJC or SSU) and a Workforce Registry ID using the CDE Short Form has been submitted. Completed documents can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 707-524-2666 or mailed to 5340 Skylane Blvd., Santa Rosa, CA 95403.
- May 18, 2018 – Meet with an advisor/academic counselor for your Fall/Winter and/or Spring advising appointment.
- May 18, 2018 – Submit verification of your academic or educational plan for Fall/Winter and/or Spring semesters.
- June 8, 2018 – Complete a minimum of 6 stipend-eligible units with a grade C or better, and submit an unofficial transcript to the CARES office.
- June 8, 2018 – If you do not hold a CURRENT California Child Development Permit – Apply for, upgrade, or renew a California Child Development Permit.
- June 8, 2018 – Submit all required end of year documents (please refer to your End-of-Year checklist). End-of-Year checklist can be accessed by visiting www.scoe.org/cares
End of Year Paperwork
Employment Verification Employment Verification English/Spanish
Child Development Training Consortium (CDTC) | Link
Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) | Link
Tips for Accessing Tutoring Services | English & Spanish
Sonoma CARES Quality Counts Staff
Susy Marrón, Child Care Planning Council Coordinator | (707) 524-2639
Kaye Moore, CCPC Program Assistant | 707-524-2658
The Sonoma CARES Quality Counts program incorporates funding from First 5 Sonoma County and the California Department of Education’s Staff Retention Program (AB 212).