Ethnic Studies Professional Learning Series
All meetings will take place 4:00 - 5:15pm via Zoom on the following Tuesdays:
- Sept. 13 - What is Ethnic Studies? Building Community and ES Pedagogies
- Sept. 27 - Building pathways towards successful Implementation of AB 101: One district’s journey making Ethnic Studies a Graduation Requirement - Mark Gomez, CSUMB
- Oct. 4 - Native American Studies- Dr. Jonathan Cordero PhD Ramaytush Ohlone, Bay Miwok, Chumash, Cochim
- Nov. 15 - Asian American Studies -Freda Lin, Co-Director of the Yuri Education Project.
- Nov. 29 - Race, Citizenship and Membership: Foundational Classroom Themes for Ethnic Studies - Arisela Hernandes, Facing History and Ourselves
- Dec. 13 - Teaching K-12 Chicanx Studies: Overview of Curricular and Pedagogical Frameworks, Miguel Zavala, CSULA
- Jan. 31 - Teaching K-12 Chicanx Studies: Overview of Curricular and Pedagogical Frameworks - Part 2, Miguel Zavala, CSULA
- Mar. 28 - African American Studies - Milton Reynolds
- Apr. 11 - Asian American Studies - The Asian American Education Project
- Date TBD - Planning for Ethnic Studies Curriculum
Click HERE for the informational flyer.
|When||See schedule above
4:00pm - 5:15pm
Virtual via Zoom
|Presenter||See schedule above|
|Audience||Administrators and Teachers (6th - 12th)|
|Registration||Amanda Snook, (707) 524-2820, email@example.com|
|Questions||Matt O'Donnell, (707) 524-8419, firstname.lastname@example.org|
Online Registration is not available.