Sonoma County Youth Take On Smoking Cessation: A Design Thinking Challenge
What if we engaged Sonoma County's young people in solving the most pressing issues in their communities?
Please join us as we celebrate—and provide feedback around—students' ideas about how to address the growing problem of vaping and e-cigarette use in our county.
This fall, Sonoma County student teams engaged in a Design Thinking challenge to:
- Raise awareness around issues related to the health impacts of smoking (including “vaping” and e-cigarettes).
- Involve students and community partners to identify barriers—and unique approaches—to communicating around these issues.
- Create multiple viable awareness campaign strategy ideas for further impact.
Participating classrooms received:
- Access to information and resources to use in creating smoking cessation campaign ideas
- Training in Design Thinking techniques
- Support in digital and other media creation
- Community and industry partners to provide feedback on student work
- Social media/other documentation of the process.
Please join us for this evening gala at Santa Rosa's DeTurk Round Barn in celebration of students' work so far—and bring your appetite and a critical eye!
|When||February 21, 2019
4:30pm - 6:30pm
Santa Rosa's DeTurk Round Barn
819 Donahue Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
|Presenter||Chuck Wade and Jessica Progulske|
Middle School and High School Educators
|Registration||Nichole Perry, 707-524-2816, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Questions||Chuck Wade, (707) 524-8404, email@example.com|