Safe Schools Conference
Following the success of the 2018 School Violence Preparedness & Response workshop, SCOE is partnering with the Sonoma County Sheriff's Office and Redwood Empire School Insurance Group (RESIG) to host this free conference on school safety. The event will feature refreshed content and new speakers. Whether you attended last year's training or are new to this topic, this conference will have up-to-date, relevant information for you and your school/district's safety team.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Opening remarks by District Attorney Jill Ravitch
- Preparing for and responding to school violence (Sheriff's Office and RESIG)
- Perspectives from School Resource Officers on school site safety and cyber safety (a panel)
- Stop the Bleed (simple life-saving tips)
- Presentation by school safety expert Gary Sigrist on social and emotional safety
8:00am - 3:00pm
|Presenter||Sonoma County Sheriff's Office
Redwood Empire Schools Insurance Group
Lori Gallian, Stop the Bleed
Local School Resource Officers
|Audience||All school staff, including but not limited to teachers, administrators, office staff, custodians, facilities and maintenance staff, school resource officers, and board members. Other school service providers, such as onsite daycare providers, after-school programs, and partnering nonprofits are also encouraged to attend.|
|Registration||Kimberly Vallee, (707) 524-2603, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Questions||Kimberly Vallee, (707) 524-2603, email@example.com Jamie Hansen, 707-524-2620|