Call for Applicants: Teacher of the Year
02/24/2015 - The Sonoma County Office of Education is coordinating the Sonoma County Teacher of the Year recognition program and is seeking district candidates for this prestigious award. An independent selection committee will choose one Sonoma County teacher from district entries to forward for California Teacher of the Year consideration.
Districts may use any internal process to determine their candidate. The five questions contained in the Applicant Interest Form may be helpful as they are aligned with the state-level application. In addition, please note the following:
- Each district candidate must complete an Applicant Interest Form (pdf), provide responses to the five questions specified on the form, and submit two current letters of support.
- Application packets must be received in the County Superintendent’s office by Monday, May 18, at 5:00pm.
- Superintendents and candidates will be notified of selection decisions by Monday, May 25, 2015.
- The candidate selected to represent Sonoma County will work closely with SCOE’s Teacher of the Year coordinator to complete the California application before the August 24, 2015 deadline.
Anne Layton, Executive Assistant
(707) 524-2603 or email@example.com