SCOE Employee Center
SCOE Wellness Program
The mission of the SCOE Wellness program is to build a culture of health and well-being at the Sonoma County Office of Education and at its satellite programs/school sites. SCOE leaders are committed to providing a working atmosphere that supports healthy behaviors, builds individuals’ resilience to stress, encourages participation in holistic health programs, and promotes pleasant and productive working relationships.
Calendar of Events
- August 27-October 7, 2018 | iWalk Challenge
- September 18, 2018 | Lunch 'N Learn | 12:00pm-1:00pm | SCOE-Board Room
- September 18, 2018 | Snack 'N Learn | 3:15pm-4:00pm | 1006 Mendocino Ave
- October 11, 2018 | FREE Flu Shot Clinic | 3:00pm-5:00pm | SCOE-Board Room
- Wednesdays | Mindfulness Break | 3:00pm-3:15pm | SCOE-Human Resources (Additional information on events can be found in the Programs and Events section)
August 27 - October 7, 2018
iWALK is an initiative to get Sonoma and Napa County physically active through maintaining a central platform of healthy resources. The goal is for adults to get at least 150 minutes of exercise per week as recommended by the World Health Organization to maintain health and reduce the risk of noncommunicable disease such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Why Walk? Walking offers many physical, mental and social benefits. Walking is one activity that most everyone can do—regardless of age or physical condition. Walking...
- is fun
- is a great way to share time with friends and family
- can be done anywhere with little investment
- lowers your risk of heart disease, cancer, and diabetes
- helps maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints
- improves mental health
- helps control weight
- boosts energy levels
- produces no greenhouse gas emissions
- enhances concentration
- gets you in touch with nature and your neighborhood
Lunch 'N Learn
September 18, 2018
TIME: 12:00pm-1:00pm (Lunch 12:00pm-12:20pm, Program 12:20pm-1:00pm)
LOCATION: SCOE-Board Room
LOCATION: 1006 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa
Come learn about the benefits and pitfalls of sugar and how much is too much. St. Joseph Health will discuss the daily recommended allowances for sugar intake, how to identify sugar on food labels, converting grams to teaspoons, and thinking about how beverages play a role in excessive sugar intake. A healthy lunch (or snacks) will be provided to anyone who RSVPs by September 13, 2018. RSVP to Kimberly Vallee (email@example.com).See FLYER for more information.
FREE Flu Shot Clinic
SCOE will be hosting a free flu shot clinic on Wednesday, October 11, 2018 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. along with the Mark West Union School District and RESIG. The clinic will be held at the SCOE Skylane facility (5340 Skylane Blvd, Santa Rosa, 95403) in the Board Room. This clinic is open to all employees of SCOE, Mark West and RESIG. Please RSVP to Marlene Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the clinic by October 4, 2018. Signing up in advance will ensure you will get a flu shot.
Who is Eligible?
- All SCOE, Mark West and RESIG employees enrolled in a medical health plan.
- Dependents age 5 and over of SCOE, Mark West and RESIG employees who are enrolled in the medical group plan.
- Retirees enrolled in a RESIG medical plan.
SEPTEMBER 2018: Sharing is Not Always Caring: Colds & Flu
AUGUST 2018: A Mindfulness Boost to Exercise
JULY 2018: 7 Burning Facts About Sunscreen
JUNE 2018: Men, Take A Stand For Your Health
APRIL 2018: The Benefits of Sleep
MARCH 2018: Your Moods Can Affect How You Eat
Would you like low or no cost Health Coaching to meet your health goals? Complete the Health Coaching Interest Survey to learn more about how this confidential service works and tell us whether SCOE should offer this program.
The Sonoma County Office of Education is interested in finding out whether you would be interested having free, confidential health coaching. Any information shared with a health coach remains confidential and will not be shared with SCOE or your insurance providers.
What is Health Coaching?
SCOE works with an organization called Healthy Adventures Foundation who provides confidential health coaching services designed to assist people in improving their health and wellness. Health Coaches work one on one with you to establish health-related goals and provide you with tools and creative tips needed to achieve success. The ultimate goal is to equip you with the knowledge and resources needed to maintain a healthy lifestyle-path for a lifetime.
The Healthy Adventures coaching program is unlike any other health coaching. Healthy Adventures coaches work with clients in an unscripted setting, which gives coaches the ability to draw on their expertise and education in nutrition, exercise physiology, public health and psychology, and experience in personal training, group fitness, physical therapy, and education to motivate, encourage and inspire their clients. Most importantly, it gives the coaches an opportunity to start where you are and your readiness for change. Healthy Adventures coaches build trusting and professional relationships that can help you achieve your health and wellness goals.
The Health Coaching program provides you with:
- nutritional and fitness related information and resources, personalized to your needs and conditions
- strategies for behavior modification (i.e. stress eating)
- support if you have chronic disease or injury (i.e. arthritis, back problems, etc.)
- tracking tools to monitor your progress (i.e. weight loss, stress management, readiness to make change) and changes in your health
- encouragement to be an active participant in your health strategies and health care.
- Health coaching is traditionally accomplished over the phone with email follow-up sessions.
- Coaching is available over web-platforms, such as Google Hangouts
- Sessions are usually weekly, over the phone and/or over the web. The sessions are 30 minutes or less per week. A follow up email is sent usually around mid-week and includes resources, tips, suggestions, reminders and information.
24 Hour Fitness
Reach for your best every day with special membership rates at 24 Hour Fitness. Drop by for a pick-up game of basketball, enjoy studio classes like Zumba and yoga, or get in your zone with cardio and strength training. It’s all just part of your membership so you can live happy and healthy. Check out special rates for Sonoma County school employees: 24 Hour Fitness Flyer
Click here for the 24 Hour Fitness website.
Anytime Fitness is proud to partner with SCOE and RESIG, offering discounted memberships and training programs!
Get world wide access to over 3000 clubs, 24-hour facilities, state of the art equipment, best-in-class training departments, personable and engaged staff, and the highest level of cleanliness.
Click here for the Anytime Fitness website. Try Us Out Before You Commit - get a FREE 7 Day Pass
- $0 Enrollment & $39/month
- Introductory Training Package $149 (Includes three 55-minute training sessions, a $255 Value)
- Anytime Fitness Larkfield, 490 Larkfield Ctr, Santa Rosa, CA / 707-578-4900
- Anytime Fitness Epicenter, 3215 Coffey Ln, Santa Rosa CA / 707-836-6649
- Anytime Fitness Petaluma, 2620 Lakeville Hwy, Petaluma, CA / 707-779-2155
- Anytime Fitness Rohnert Park, 939 Golf Course Drive, Rohnert Park, CA / 707-585-8795
Airport Health Club
Quality of life starts with living well! At The Airport Health Club, our members’ well being is the reason we’re here. Discover the rewards of a Health and Fitness Club membership---and just how good living fit can make you feel! We promise friendly, caring people, expert advice, personal programs and impeccable facilities. The Health and Fitness Club features something for everyone, from little tykes to seniors. We offer Pilates, Personal Training, Aquatics, Group Exercise Classes, Yoga, Massage, Basketball, Volleyball, Climbing, and much more. Please take a moment to scroll through our website to see what we have to offer. Or better yet, come take a tour and see for yourself! Click here for the Airport Health Club website Special Rate: $92/month ($445 enrollment fee)
Parkpoint Health Clubs
Yes, we have it all! Parkpoint offers personal training, private & group lessons, pools, fun stuff for kids, spa services, unique specialty classes, & more. Click here for the Parkpoint Health Clubs website
- Initiation Fees: $94/person (normally $125), $113/couple (normally $150)
- Monthly Rates: $84/person, $134/couple (monthly rates not eligible for discount)
- Special discount for fire victims: 50% off regular enrollment fees to anyone who has lost their home in the recent fires. This is off of the regular enrollment fee.