SCOE Employee Center
SCOE Wellness Program
The mission of the SCOE Wellness program is to build a culture of health and well-being at the Sonoma County Office of Education and at its satellite programs/school sites. SCOE leaders are committed to providing a working atmosphere that supports healthy behaviors, builds individuals’ resilience to stress, encourages participation in holistic health programs, and promotes pleasant and productive working relationships.
Calendar of Events
- November 21-January 2 | Healthy through the Holidays Challenge
- April 3, 2019 | Health & Wellness Fair | 3:00pm-4:30pm | SCOE-Teacher Learning Center
- Wednesdays | Wellness Break | 3:00pm-3:15pm | SCOE-Human Resources (Additional information on events can be found in the Programs and Events section)
HEALTHY THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS CHALLENGE
November 21 - January 2
Did you know the average adult gains 7 pounds over the holidays? Significant changes in weight during the holiday season can have a negative impact on your overall health and longevity. Take control of your health this holiday season by joining the Healthy through the Holidays Challenge!
How it Works:
- No, you do not need to report your weight at any time during the challenge! Simply keep track of your weight and maintain that number between November 21 and January 2 (within three pounds).
- Attend a Lunch 'N Learn (optional) on November 15 to kick-off the challenge period and learn tips to achieve your goal.
- Participants are entered into the weekly raffle drawing for health and wellness prizes.
- The first 20 participants to sign-up will be eligible for FREE Health Coaching.
- All participants will be invited to Wellness Wednesday events (bring your own lunch/snacks).
- Participants will receive a 20% off coupon to Sports Basement.
- Participants will receive $15 off the purchase of footwear at Heart & Sole Sports.
- Participants will receive weekly emails to support their progress towards the goal.
- Attend the final prize raffle and Lunch 'N Learn on January 9.
Get complete participant information: Healthy Through the Holidays Participant Information
Still have questions? Contact Kimberly Vallee for information or to sign up.
HEALTH & WELLNESS FAIR
April 3, 2019
All SCOE employees and families are welcome to attend the Health & Wellness Fair at the Teacher Learning Center, from 3:00pm to 4:30pm. Vendors will be present to provide information on benefits and total wellness, including physical, emotional and financial health. Receive discounts to local businesses and enter to win raffle prizes! For additional information, contact Kimberly Vallee.
August 27 - October 7, 2018
iWALK is an initiative to get Sonoma and Napa County physically active through maintaining a central platform of healthy resources. The goal is for adults to get at least 150 minutes of exercise per week as recommended by the World Health Organization to maintain health and reduce the risk of noncommunicable disease such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
The iWalk Challenge is over for 2018, but congratulations to the SCOE winners! These SCOE employees stepped it up and outpaced the rest. Good job walkers!!
- Debbie Gayaldo
- Nicole Rosaschi
- Sheri Roberge
Information on the 2019 iWalk Challenge will be posted when it becomes available.
NOVEMBER 2018: Work-Life Balance
OCTOBER 2018: Women's Health
SEPTEMBER 2018: Sharing is Not Always Caring: Colds & Flu
AUGUST 2018: A Mindfulness Boost to Exercise
JULY 2018: 7 Burning Facts About Sunscreen
JUNE 2018: Men, Take A Stand For Your Health
APRIL 2018: The Benefits of Sleep
MARCH 2018: Your Moods Can Affect How You Eat
Would you like low or no cost Health Coaching to meet your health goals? Complete the Health Coaching Interest Survey to learn more about how this confidential service works and tell us whether SCOE should offer this program.
The Sonoma County Office of Education is interested in finding out whether you would be interested having free, confidential health coaching. Any information shared with a health coach remains confidential and will not be shared with SCOE or your insurance providers.
What is Health Coaching?
SCOE works with an organization called Healthy Adventures Foundation who provides confidential health coaching services designed to assist people in improving their health and wellness. Health Coaches work one on one with you to establish health-related goals and provide you with tools and creative tips needed to achieve success. The ultimate goal is to equip you with the knowledge and resources needed to maintain a healthy lifestyle-path for a lifetime.
The Healthy Adventures coaching program is unlike any other health coaching. Healthy Adventures coaches work with clients in an unscripted setting, which gives coaches the ability to draw on their expertise and education in nutrition, exercise physiology, public health and psychology, and experience in personal training, group fitness, physical therapy, and education to motivate, encourage and inspire their clients. Most importantly, it gives the coaches an opportunity to start where you are and your readiness for change. Healthy Adventures coaches build trusting and professional relationships that can help you achieve your health and wellness goals.
The Health Coaching program provides you with:
- nutritional and fitness related information and resources, personalized to your needs and conditions
- strategies for behavior modification (i.e. stress eating)
- support if you have chronic disease or injury (i.e. arthritis, back problems, etc.)
- tracking tools to monitor your progress (i.e. weight loss, stress management, readiness to make change) and changes in your health
- encouragement to be an active participant in your health strategies and health care.
- Health coaching is traditionally accomplished over the phone with email follow-up sessions.
- Coaching is available over web-platforms, such as Google Hangouts
- Sessions are usually weekly, over the phone and/or over the web. The sessions are 30 minutes or less per week. A follow up email is sent usually around mid-week and includes resources, tips, suggestions, reminders and information.
24 Hour Fitness
Reach for your best every day with special membership rates at 24 Hour Fitness. Drop by for a pick-up game of basketball, enjoy studio classes like Zumba and yoga, or get in your zone with cardio and strength training. It’s all just part of your membership so you can live happy and healthy. Check out special rates for Sonoma County school employees: 24 Hour Fitness Flyer
Click here for the 24 Hour Fitness website.
In addition to the corporate rates for SCOE employees, 24 Hour Fitness is offering the first month free if you sign up between October 22 and November 5. Click here for more information.
Anytime Fitness is proud to partner with SCOE and RESIG, offering discounted memberships and training programs! Get world wide access to over 3000 clubs, 24-hour facilities, state of the art equipment, best-in-class training departments, personable and engaged staff, and the highest level of cleanliness.
Click here for the Anytime Fitness website. Try Us Out Before You Commit - get a FREE 7 Day Pass
- $0 Enrollment & $39/month
- Introductory Training Package $149 (Includes three 55-minute training sessions, a $255 Value)
Offer valid at the following locations:
- Anytime Fitness Larkfield, 490 Larkfield Ctr, Santa Rosa, CA / 707-578-4900
- Anytime Fitness Epicenter, 3215 Coffey Ln, Santa Rosa CA / 707-836-6649
- Anytime Fitness Petaluma, 2620 Lakeville Hwy, Petaluma, CA / 707-779-2155
- Anytime Fitness Rohnert Park, 939 Golf Course Drive, Rohnert Park, CA / 707-585-8795
Airport Health Club
Quality of life starts with living well! At The Airport Health Club, our members’ well being is the reason we’re here. Discover the rewards of a Health and Fitness Club membership---and just how good living fit can make you feel! We promise friendly, caring people, expert advice, personal programs and impeccable facilities. The Health and Fitness Club features something for everyone, from little tykes to seniors. We offer Pilates, Personal Training, Aquatics, Group Exercise Classes, Yoga, Massage, Basketball, Volleyball, Climbing, and much more. Please take a moment to scroll through our website to see what we have to offer. Or better yet, come take a tour and see for yourself! Click here for the Airport Health Club website Special Rate: $92/month ($445 enrollment fee)
Parkpoint Health Clubs
Yes, we have it all! Parkpoint offers personal training, private & group lessons, pools, fun stuff for kids, spa services, unique specialty classes, & more. Click here for the Parkpoint Health Clubs website
- Initiation Fees: $94/person (normally $125), $113/couple (normally $150)
- Monthly Rates: $84/person, $134/couple (monthly rates not eligible for discount)
- Special discount for fire victims: 50% off regular enrollment fees to anyone who has lost their home in the recent fires. This is off of the regular enrollment fee.
Orange Theory Fitness
Orangetheory Fitness combines three aspects into one workout: science, coaching, and technology. One can’t work without the other: this trifecta is essential for our workout, and essential for you. More science, more technology, more coaching. More life. Click here for the Orange Theory Fitness website
- $10 off per month per membership
- 50% off the purchase of a heart rate monitor.
- To register, simply show proof of employment with SCOE (ex. employee ID, paystub).