Child Care Planning Council
Sonoma CARES Plus
Component A Trainings
Participants who have been approved to complete Component A requirements this year must complete a minimum of 21 hours of California Department of Education (CDE) approved research-based trainings in order to receive a $500 stipend.
It is the responsibility of each participant to register and attend a total of 21 hours of approved trainings and submit a certificate of completion for each training attended to Sonoma CARES by the June 10, 2015 deadline. Note that the same trainings cannot be repeated.
New Component A Option Approved
- CARES Plus participants enrolled in Component A may now use unit-bearing courses to meet Component A requirements. Two semester units or three quarter units of Early Childhood Education or Child Development are equivalent to 30 hours of training. Please contact your CARES Plus Advisor for approval.
The California Department of Education maintains a list of approved CARES Plus Component A Training. Approved trainings that are offered online and locally available trainings are listed below. Information is updated as new workshops are announced.
Child Development Training Portal
The Child Development Training Consortium (CDTC) provides this Training Portal for participants to search for professional development and coursework.
California Early Childhood Online (CECO)
Access these trainings via the CECO website:
- The 3 Rs of Early Childhood Education
- Desired Results Developmental Profile (DRDP)
- Environment Rating Scales Institute (ERSI)
- Center of the Social & Emotional Foundations in Early Learning (CSEFEL)
- California Early Learning Foundations & Curriculum Frameworks
- Healthy & Active Preschoolers
Online Training Technical Assistance
California Early Childhood Online | email@example.com | (805) 465-4464
Jynx Lopez | firstname.lastname@example.org | (707) 953-3979 — English
Martha Gomez | email@example.com | (707) 479-8641 — Spanish
Preschool English Learner (PEL) Guide | Online Registration
Saturday, May 2, 2015 | 8:30am-4:00pm
Sonoma County Office of Education
The Sonoma CARES program incorporates funding from First 5 Sonoma County, First 5 California, and the California Department of Educationís Staff Retention Program (AB 212).