Sonoma County is blessed with many community based organizations and initiatives that serve the school aged population. SCOE collaborates in the following ways with many of them to support positive outcomes for our youth:
- Shared work/collaboration for benefit of children
- Board membership/affiliation
- Participation on boards or committees, funding, shared resources
Below is a list of some of these organizations with links to websites and resources.
Sonoma County Arts Education Alliance
- Mission: The Sonoma County Arts Education Alliance (AEA) is a coalition working to improve the lives of Sonoma County students through equitable access to high quality arts education.
- Vision: Sonoma County is a healthy place for all residents to live, learn, work, and belong.
- Mission: Health Action's mission is to mobilize community partnerships and resources to achieve equity and to improve health and well-being for all in Sonoma County.
Sonoma County Workforce Investment Board
- Vision: A robust local workforce with the skills needed for today and for tomorrow.
- Mission: The Sonoma County Workforce Investment Board (WIB) leads an integrated workforce development system to ensure the County’s economic vitality and quality of life.
Cradle to Career Sonoma County
- Vision: All children and youth reach their fullest potential at every stage in life.
- Mission: Preparing all children and youth for success by educating the community, connecting partners, and amplifying approaches that work.
- Vision: We envision a world where all students, regardless of race, ethnicity, or socioeconomic background will have the full range of educational opportunities, support, and resources to realize their full potential.
- Mission: Our mission is to achieve educational equity and to support students from low-income backgrounds to and through college to positively impact their communities and the world.
Upstream Investments Sonoma County
- Mission: Upstream Investments is a Policy Initiative chartered by the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors to advance evidence-informed prevention focused practices across the County.
First 5 Sonoma County
- Vision: Children in Sonoma County from the prenatal stage to age five will develop to their fullest potential.
- Mission: The mission of First 5 Sonoma County is to maximize the healthy development of all Sonoma County children from the prenatal stage through age five through support, education, and advocacy.
Children’s Museum of Sonoma County
- Mission: The Children’s Museum of Sonoma County inspires curiosity and creativity through joyful, transformative experiences.
Luther Burbank Center for the Arts
- Vision: To be the community’s premier arts center that makes the northern California region vibrant through live performance and visual arts, and serves as a central gathering place. To develop, produce, and present nationally-recognized arts-integrated education programs that build creativity, confidence, and problem-solving skills in our children and classrooms. To be recognized for organizational excellence throughout the community.
- Mission: The mission of Luther Burbank Center for the Arts is to enrich, educate, and entertain children and adults of the North Bay through accessible and outstanding presentations of arts, family and entertainment performances, education programs, visual arts, and community use of our facility.
Sonoma County CTE Foundation
- Vision: Sonoma County students have rewarding careers that strengthen their lives, our community, and the economy.
- Mission: Innovating the education-to-career experience to strengthen economic development and student success.
Conversations in Common
- Mission: The mission of Conversations in Common is to improve the well-being, safety, and connection of children and families through a collaborative county- wide reading project that promotes the skill and practice of civil discussion while exploring experiences of equity, diversity, and belonging in our community.