Information on Full-Time In-Person Learning
Schools and districts in California and Sonoma County opened for full-time, in-person learning in the Fall of 2021. This follows guidance from state and local health experts, who recommend in-person option as the best and safest options for most students. The California Department of Public Health has released health-based guidance that all public and private schools must follow. Each individual school board will decide how best to implement this guidance in their local school community. If you have specific questions about your school's reopening plans, please contact them directly.
News and Resources
- FAQ: What Families Can Expect for the Fall 2021 return to school | en español
- Access the California Department of Public Health's School Reopening Guidance for the 2021-22 school year here
- Statement by County Health Officer Dr. Mase Supporting School Reopening in the Fall
- Learn how schools are planning for a safe reopening in the fall of 2021
Find Services and Information
Students / Families
Access information about what full-time in-person learning looks like and how you can help your child prepare—both academically and emotionally.
COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
Access information about vaccines for youth ages 5+ and upcoming after school vaccine clinics.
Mental Wellness Resources for Educators
Mental wellness supports designed specifically for educators.
Health & School Reopening Guidelines
Health guidelines and protocols.
COVID-19 vaccines for children 5-11 years of age with Dr. Brian Prystowsky
05/06/2022 • Poster campaign recognizes Sonoma County educators
04/26/2022 • Teacher of the Month: Cassandra McMillen
How SCOE Is Helping
- Working with the county health department and office of emergency services to respond to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) within Sonoma County.
- Facilitate regular meetings between the County Health Officer and school districts beginning Feb. 3, 2020 and continuing to present
- Meet weekly with county health department to develop health-based guidance and resources for districts
- Coordinating information and contracts with COVID-19 testing vendors so that schools can meet testing requirements
- Managing county-wide effort to vaccinate more than 17,000 school staff
- Advocating at the state level for better broadband access for rural school districts
- Advocating at the state level for clear, consistent school reopening guidance to ease the burden on individual districts
- Providing ongoing, customized assistance to school districts to support them with school reopening and distance learning, including technology support and assistance in serving specialized student groups such as English learners, students receiving special education services, and homeless/foster youth.