On July 17, Gov. Newsom issued new state directives regarding school reopening. Please see the new state guidance here and view SCOE's statement in response to the new guidance here.
El 17 de julio, el gobernador Newsom emitió nuevas directivas estatales sobre la reapertura de las escuelas. vea la guía estatal aquí y vea la declaración de SCOE en respuesta a la nueva guía aquí.
State Guidance from the California Department of Public Health
Find Services and Information
Distance Learning Resources for Educators
Access webinars, sample resources, best practices and more.
Mental Wellness Resources for Educators
Mental wellness supports designed specifically for educators.
Health Guidelines & Updates
Health guidelines and protocols.
Video: Update on School Reopening | Ver el vídeo en español
08/05/2020 • Sonoma County Teacher of the Year Named
How SCOE Is Helping
- Working with the county health department and office of emergency services to respond to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) within Sonoma County.
- Proactively connected school districts with guidance from the County Public Health Department, CDE, and other resources in order to prepare for and respond to the new coronavirus.
- Working with a committee of representative school district superintendents, as well as County Health Officer, California Department of Education, and California Department of Public Health, to provide Sonoma County guidelines and considerations for school reopening in the fall.
- Advocating at the state level for better broadband access for rural school districts
- Advocating at the state level for better funding for schools in Fall 2020 so that they have the resources to provide a safe learning environment
- Facilitate regular meetings between the County Health Officer and school districts beginning Feb. 3 and continuing to present.
- Partnered with the County Health Officer to issue guidance letters regarding safety protocols and suspending in-person classes on Feb. 3, Feb. 26, March 14, and March 25.
- Providing ongoing, customized support to school districts to support them with distance learning, including technology support and assistance in serving specialized student groups such as English learners, students receiving special education services, and homeless/foster youth.
- Collaborated with school districts to create an interactive map of school sites where free lunches are being offered.