Mental Wellness for Educators
This webinar on mental wellness during Shelter-in-Place was provided by SCOE crisis counselors. It offers a range of self-care tips helpful to any educator dealing with the challenges of COVID-19 and distance learning.
Customize this Webinar for Your School/District Team
The SCOE team is happy to help district/school sites customize this webinar for their staff.
To get help from SCOE psychologists Mary Champion and Ryan Pepin in adapting this webinar, please click here to schedule an appointment.
Following are the SCOE mental health team's top recommendations for self-care resources.
- California Surgeon Generals's Stress-Busting Playbook
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: COVID-19 Resource and Information Guide
- UCSF Department of Psychiatry: Resources to Support Your Mental Health During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Helpful Tools and Apps
- Calm App: sleep, meditation, and relaxation | Free trial during COVID-19 | Limited-access version; free during COVID-19
- Headspace App: meditations, sleep, and movement exercises | Headspace - Free during COVID-19
Mental Health Hotlines
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
In a crisis, call 9-1-1 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
- Sonoma County Warm Line
Call (707) 565-2652 for free and private support if you or someone you know is experiencing emotional stress and anxiety during the COVID-19 pandemic. This warm line is available 7 days a week from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Telephone interpretation is available for other languages.
- 24-hour Emergency Mental Health
Hotline (800) 746-8181
- North Bay Suicide Prevention
Hotline (855) 587-6373
This website, maintained by the County of Sonoma, offers a range of supports and resources.
- Virtual Local Assistance Center (VLAC)
The Virtual Local Assistance Center (VLAC) is a resource listing of governments and support services to help residents impacted by COVID-19.
There are numerous local community organizations offering mental wellness support to schools and educators. Email Jessica Progulske, firstname.lastname@example.org, for help identifying local support tailored to your needs.