This department includes internal and external fiscal services, information technology, printing services, and operations. Through its fiscal services unit, it accounts for all K-12 public education funding in Sonoma County. This department:
- Reviews and approves school district budgets
- Produces paychecks and expenditure warrants for all districts
- Runs a countywide schools information technology system
- Reviews school attendance reports
- Provides centralized services that allow schools and districts to perform day-to-day business and administrative operations with cost efficiency.
Statistical Report: Schools of Sonoma County, 2015-16
Each year, SCOE’s staff compile attendance and financial information from all of the county’s school districts and charter schools. Then, staff uses this to produce an annual Statistical Report 2015-16. The report includes:
- Data related to average daily attendance
- District attendance trends
- General fund revenue by district
- Beginning and ending fund balances
- Income/expense per average daily attendance
Each year’s report is released 6-8 months after the close of the fiscal year on June 30.