Child Care Planning Council
CARES Quality Counts Program Participant Information
Sonoma CARES Quality Counts is a professional development program designed to improve the quality of early learning programs.
CARES Quality Counts is now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 program year on a first-come, first-served basis.
CARES Quality Counts will be limited to the first 100 applicants! Priority will be given to educators working in sites that are participating in the QIRS Quality Counts Program. In order to be considered for the program follow the steps below.
- To apply: Submit the required CARES Quality Counts Online Application: English | Spanish
- Submit a completed W-9 form: English | Spanish *
- Information Releases to be completed by SRJC and SSU students only: SRJC | SSU
- Register for a Workforce ID **
- CDE Short Form: English | Spanish ***
* W-9 only needs to be completed by new applicants or returning applicants that have moved.
** Registry only needs to be completed if the applicant has not previous register for a workforce registry ID.
*** All applicants must complete a CDE Short Form.
Applications will not be considered for enrollment until a completed W-9 form, Information Release (if attending the SRJC or SSU) and a Workforce Registry ID using the CDE Short Form has been submitted. Completed documents can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 707-524-2666 or mailed to 5340 Skylane Blvd., Santa Rosa, CA 95403.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES FOR 2018-19
|NEW PARTICIPANTS||RETURNING PARTICPANTS|
SUMMER AND/OR FALL SEMESTERS
SUMMER AND/OR FALL SEMESTERS
WINTER AND/SPRING SEMESTERS
WINTER AND/OR SPRING SEMESTERS
- Submit a completed Employment Verification Form. This form will be mailed to you at the end of the semester that you are enroled. This form is also available online at www.scoe.org/cares.
- FCC Owners ONLY — Submit a copy of your Family Child Care License. AND submit a copy of the "Profit and Loss" schedule C form of your current fiscal taxes.
- Submit proof of holding/applying for a current CA Child Development Permit. Valid proof of permit includes the following: Copy of CA Child Development Permit, a copy of Verification of Completion Form signed by SRJC, or a copy of the Certified mail receipt used to mail your permit application.
- If you earned a degree between July 1, 2018, through June 14, 2019, submit one of the following: A copy of your diploma, a copy of your unofficial transcripts that states your degree, a copy of a candidate for completion degree letter signed by the Vice President of Student Services.
- Submit a copy of your Summer/Fall grades for a Fall stipend AND your Winter/Spring grades for a Spring stipend.
- Complete the Sonoma CARES survey (optional)
- If you change your address anytime during the semester, contact our office ASAP! You will need a new W-9 form. This form is also available online at www.scoe.org/cares.
Child Development Training Consortium (CDTC) | Link
Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) | Link
Tips for Accessing Tutoring Services | English & Spanish
Sonoma CARES Quality Counts Staff
Susy Marrón, Child Care Planning Council Coordinator | (707) 524-2639
Kaye Moore, CCPC Program Assistant | 707-524-2658
The Sonoma CARES Quality Counts program incorporates funding from First 5 Sonoma County and the California Department of Education’s Staff Retention Program (AB 212).