Instructional Leadership Academy (Sonoma) 2022-2023
The Instructional Leadership Academy (ILA) is a collaborative, professional learning community focused on improving instructional leadership across an entire system. Participants will participate in 4.5 Institute days throughout the year as well as an additional 4 days of learning walkthroughs to deepen learning. The focus will be on gaining insight into our own practice, learning key skills and concepts, and the practical application of these skills. Walkthroughs will allow us to take a deeper look at classroom instruction and professional learning needs on-site.
What will I gain?
- Learn a replicable process for developing a shared vision for student learning experience.
- Nonjudgmental methods for observing and analyzing instruction, including improved ability to discern inequities in student learning.
- Transformative skills in providing evidence-driven targeted feedback
- A collaborative professional learning community focused on student learning
- A broader, deeper culture of public practice
Session Dates 8:30am-3:30pm:
- Sep. 21 Instructional Leadership Academy Institute Day 1
- Oct. 06 Instructional Leadership Academy Institute Day 2
- Oct. 19 Instructional Leadership Academy Learning Walk 1
- Dec. 08 Instructional Leadership Academy Learning Walk 2
- Jan. 10 Instructional Leadership Academy Institute Day 3
- Jan. 31 Instructional Leadership Academy Learning Walk 3
- Mar. 08 Instructional Leadership Academy Learning Walk 4
- Apr. 26 Instructional Leadership Academy Institute Day 4
- Apr. 27* Final Institute 8:00- 12noon*
A light breakfast will be provided from 8am-8:30, with instruction beginning at 8:30.
To veiw the class flyer click here
Series starting Wednesday Sept. 21, 2022 through April 27, 2023.
Sonoma County Office of Education (SCOE)
5340 Skylane Boulevard Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Anneke Markholt of Center for Educational Leadership (CEL);
Jeff McCormick of Center for Educational Leadership (CEL)
|Cost||$250.00 or $150/person if registering a team of 2 or more (must register on the same registration submission for team rate to apply).|
|Audience||Administrators within Sonoma County|
|Registration||Elsa Vera, (707) 524-8407, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Questions||Dr. Anthony King: email@example.com|
Online Registration is not available.