Diagnostic Center North: Creating a Safe and Supportive Learning Environment: Implementing Environmental Social and Emotional Strategies
Supporting the mental health needs of students in the classroom has become an increasingly important component of providing comprehensive education. This training will describe specific environmental supports that increase students’ ability to access learning in the classroom by designing a safe and supportive environment. Additionally, specific mental health conditions and how they present in the classroom through an educator’s lens will be reviewed. Participants will discuss how to recognize academic and behavioral symptoms and how to implement preventative and proactive supports prior to student distress.Participants will:
- Receive clarity about what is included in Tier 1/Universal social-emotional supports, from a teacher perspective
- Explore how to integrate environmental mental health/social-emotional supports and practices into classroom instruction
- Work with colleagues to select specific strategies that they can implement in their classrooms
- Learn how mental health issues present in the learning environment
- Explore how to match educational and behavioral supports and accommodations to student needs when considering mental health concerns A Certificate of Completion is available for virtual training, in-person training, Special Training Events, and Technical Assistance Projects. This may be used to document professional development hours or applied towards the credential requirements for Education Specialist Level II non-university activities.
|When||Wednesday, January 17, 2024
9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Rohnert Park Educational Center: 5860 Labath Avenue, Rohnert Park CA 94928
|Presenter||ara Zombres, M.Ed., NCED, BCBA, Education Specialist & Behavior Analyst|
|Audience||• Special education teachers serving students with emotional, behavioral, and mental health needs • General education teachers serving students with emotional, behavioral, and mental health needs|
|Registration||Norma Leiva-Fernandez, 7075242750, email@example.com|
|Questions||Andrea Well, (707) 524 2764, firstname.lastname@example.org|