Diagnostic Center North - ERMHS Assessment: Examining Your Social-Emotional Data
Educationally Related Mental Health Services (ERMHS) are provided when a student has significant social-emotional and behavioral needs that impede his/her/their ability to benefit from the academic curriculum. In order to gain a better understanding of a student's level of mental health functioning, and the degree to which it is impairing learning, we need to conduct an assessment that examines social, emotional, and behavioral capacities. This training will review common means of assessing and exploring a student's mental health using projective storytelling cards, drawings, checklists, and other assessment measures. An in-depth analysis of how to use emotional themes and drawing interpretations to guide decisions and recommendations will be provided. By the end of the presentation, participants will feel more comfortable completing ERMHS assessments and have new tools to gather data and explain results.
CEUs for School Psychologists may be available.Participants Will:
- Learn how to comprehensively analyze data gathered from social-emotional testing measures.(OHI).
- Understand which social-emotional tests to administer based on presenting questions or concerns.
- Learn additional interpretation techniques to support the assessment process.
- Review cases and testing data to apply learned skills in the moment.
- Gain an increased awareness of emotional functioning in order to help guide teams towards appropriate goals and interventions.
|When||Wednesday, March 03, 2021
9:00am - 12:00pm
|Presenter||Kristin Moore, Psy.D, Clinical Psychologist|
|Audience||School Psychologists, School Counselors, & Teachers of Counseling Enriched Classrooms.|
|Registration||Norma Leiva-Fernandez, 7075242750, firstname.lastname@example.org Amy Ahlstrom, 707-524-2756, email@example.com|
|Questions||Susan Langer, Program Specialist, 707-524-2802, firstname.lastname@example.org|
Online Registration is not available.