Coronavirus Health Guidelines and Updates
Following are health and safety resources and guidance related to Coronavirus.
California Department of Public Health Guidance & Documents
- COVID-19 Liaison Toolkit
- School Safety Plan Checklist/Template
- Student/Staff Testing recommendations
- UPDATED March 20: COVID-19 and Reopening In-Person Instruction Framework & Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools in California, 2020-2021 School Year
- Graduation Guidance 2021
- CDPH Guidance for Small Group Instruction | FAQ regarding small group instruction | Updated guidance to allow for greater cohort flexibility
- Guidance for returning to school following a COVID-19 diagnosis
- CDPH Guidance for Workplace Outbreaks
Blueprint for a Safer Economy
The state's new guidelines for school reopening now fall under its "Blueprint for a Safer Economy."
Learn more at the Blueprint for a Safer Economy - Main Page
California Department of Education Guidance
- California Department of Education (CDE) Guidance for Schools
- Contact tracing guidance from the California Department of Education
Health and Safety Guidebook from the CCEE
Building on the COVID-19 INDUSTRY GUIDANCE: Schools and School Based Program issued by the California Department of Public Health, these guidelines from the California Collaborative for Educational Excellence are based on the best available public health data at this time, international best practices currently employed, and the practical realities of managing school operations, as new data and practices emerge.
Face Covering Guidance
Guidance/Forms from SCOE and County of Sonoma
School Reopening Guidance
- Sonoma County Social Distancing Guidance for School Reopening
- Outdated by Current CDPH Guidance/For Reference Only— Sonoma County reopening guide for schools, Roadmap to a Safe Reopening
- Stable group recommendations
- Workplace COVID-19 Exposure Guidelines for Employers
- Guidance Packet for Sonoma County Schools and Childcare for Children Who are Sick or Have Been Exposed | Spanish
- FAQ on COVID-19 testing (bilingual)
General County Resources
- View health orders and guidance from Sonoma County at Socoemergency.org
- January 2020: Joint Guidance from Public Health Officer and SCOE to school districts
- County's data dashboard
COVID-19 Safety Plans (replaces waivers)
COVID-19 Safety Plans
Please note: As of Jan. 14, the waiver process has been replaced with the State of California's Safe Schools for All Reopening Plan, which requires a two-part COVID-19 Safety Plan or CSP. Prior to school reopening, CSPs must be sent to the county health department for approval at firstname.lastname@example.org and to the state at K12csp@cdph.ca.gov.
All schools must complete and post to their website the newly required COVID-19 Safety Plan prior to opening. The CSP consists of two components:
- Covid-19 School Safety Checklist: Each school will need to have this completed and approved prior to reopening.
- Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Prevention Program (CPP): Schools are expected to have already written this plan required by Cal/OSHA. In order to align Cal/OSHA standards and minimize burdens on schools, the CPP is the first component of the two-part COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Guidance Around Athletics and Conditioning
Centers for Disease Control Guidance
- 2/12/21: Updated School Reopening Guidance
- CDC Case Rate Map (NOTE: CDC uses a different calculation for case rate; therefore these rates will look very different than those reported by the county
- Flowchart: What to do if a Student Becomes Sick or Reports a New COVID-19 Diagnosis at School
- School & Childcare Guidance