Instructional Services Division Newspage
This page provides news, announcements, and administrative resources for staff from the Educational Support Services and Alternative Education departments.
COVID-19 / Distance Learning Resources
Internal Guidance Documents
Publicly Shared Items
Important LinksESS Thursday Updates: Click Here for 2020-21 Archive | Click Here for Prior Year Archives
iPad/Chromebook Reservations: Procedure | Calendar
Branding: SCOE Content Guide, Template, and Logos (page password is content)
Conference Call Instructions: ESS and CTE
Password Reset: https://reset.scoe.org
Budgets & Coding Information
Event Planning ItemsEvent Planning Procedure
Event Planning and Approval Form aka "EPF": Form Template (make a copy to use)
Event Marketing: Information Sheet
ID Upcoming Events Mailer (formerly "E-Blasts"): Mailer Request Form (GForm)
Admin Communications/Pics/Ad Requests: SCOE Event Coverage Request Form (GForm)
CS Event Revenue/Expense Tracking: Content Support Event Tracking (GSheet)
Student Event Budgets: Student Event Budget Tracking (GSheet)
Event Cancelation Procedure
Processing Refunds In The SCOE Registration System
ISD News: Posts and Announcements
Update Document - Conference/Travel Claim (NEW MILEAGE RATE)
Please use the new 2021 Conference/Travel Claim Form in the Forms box on the left beginning with your January mileage. For mileage that occurred prior to January 1, please use the old 2020 Conference/Travel Claim form in the Forms box on the left.
Quarterly Website Updates Due
Author: Stacie Post-Sheffer
Old dates or new dates
Unneeded or outdated documents or links
Content that is currently in a PDF or Word document but could be converted to a more user-friendly web page.
QUARTERLY WEBSITE UPDATES DUE 5/29!
- Outdated contact information
- Outdated pictures and videos
- Outdated program descriptions, links, or resources
- Content that is currently in a PDF or Word document but could be converted to a more user-friendly web page.
- The URL of the page that needs to be edited
- The link, picture, or content that needs to be edited. This can be a screenshot or a print-out of the page, with changes marked up and scanned into a PDF.
- The new information that should be included
Thank you for your time and help keeping our website up to date and user-friendly!
If you have any questions, please contact Stacie.
With the news of Rachael’s transition to CDE and the California School Leadership Academy (CSLA) grant award, there will be some upcoming position recruitments within our ESS department that we wanted to share.
At this time, the Senior Director of Continuous Improvement position will not be filled. We will, however, be recruiting for an additional CI Director to join the team. This posting is already up on EdJoin due to the quick work of our HR department. You can see the posting here. The position of Director of Continuous Improvement (CI) will be a member of the CI director team who will serve as a hub to support deep implementation and sustained impact in districts through the continuous improvement process, LCAP planning, and differentiated assistance. The CI director team provides Tier I (general support) and Tier II (differentiated assistance) services to all forty districts across Sonoma County. Each CI director holds primary responsibility for a roster of districts. In addition, each director holds an area of expertise to contribute to the team’s capacity to provide coherent support (e.g., teacher development, principal development, data analytics).
To serve our three year CSLA grant and as authorized in the grant award, we will also be recruiting for a variety of limited term grant positions:
- 2 CSLA Directors (Certificated Management): The 21CSLA Directors will be responsible for coordination and implementation of the grant work across our Geo Lead region (Lake/Mendocino/Marin/Napa). The 21CSLA Directors will coordinate systems-level support for the 21CSLA program, establish partnerships to address instructional leadership needs of LEAs and COEs; implement the structures to provide coaching and facilitate professional learning aimed at building leadership capacity to address equity gaps in student performance; and evaluate and report on program effectiveness. These positions will serve as the state level 21CSLA team lead to develop the 21CSLA model to be implemented statewide. These positions should be posted within the next two weeks.
- 1 Admin Program Tech II / Event Planner (Classified): This position will support the work and events of the CSLA grant, and will be responsible for grant reporting activities. This position should be posted within the next month.
- 7 Supplemental Coaches (Active or Retired Certificated Coaches, 30 days each): These coaches will travel to locations where CSLA grant participant learner teams are located to provide customized, job-embedded support. Each COE within the region will have a Coach for local coordination and implementation. The COE Coaches will work directly with the Regional CSLA Directors through like team meetings. These positions will be posted late Summer.
If there are any internal candidates interested in any of the above opportunities, they are welcome to schedule a meeting with Jennie to discuss the specific position(s). If you know of anyone externally who might be interested, please share the postings as they’re available.
Interview timelines and teams have not yet been established for any of these positions, and we will soon be reaching out to members of the team to participate in the screening/interviews. If you have questions on the general recruitment processes or positions, please feel free to connect with Jennie or Stacie.
Author: Jennie Snyder
We would like to congratulate Rachael Maves on her new position as the Deputy Superintendent of Public Instruction for the Instruction and Measurement Division at the California Department of Education. In her new role, she will be responsible for programs promoting improved student achievement, including statewide student assessments as well as state and federal accountability. CDE will be fortunate to have her on their team!
Rachael will be leaving SCOE, effective May 31st. While we will definitely miss Rachael, we wish her well as she transitions into her new role. We also look forward to continuing to work with her in this new capacity.
We wish her all the best!
2019-20 Year End Requests
While we still remain in a “virtual” environment, many of our usual end of school year tasks await. As we begin to move towards the traditional summer break period of time, please review the following items:
All ID Staff
- Out of Office Time: Any staff (classified or certificated) taking vacation / non-work days over the summer should clearly mark their Google calendars and enter their absence into AESOP. Please enter your away time in AESOP as soon as possible to allow ample time for review and approval of vacation / non-work day requests. Clearly marking your Google calendar and entering all absences into AESOP enables us to answer questions regarding staff availability and location.
- Cal Cards: The submission requirements for Cal Cards do not change over the summer. Please plan to submit your Cal Card receipts to Tara or Amanda by the normal deadlines in June, July, and August so that we can process the statements.
- Web Update: Please consider what website updates your assigned page(s) might need so that you’re able to work with Jamie Hansen to update your section(s) of the SCOE website by July. More details about this process will be shared soon.
- Events: We know there are a LOT of unknowns about what events may look like in 2020/21. For now, please proceed with planning events that you know will occur in some fashion. Here’s some possible language you can use to acknowledge that we may still be in a virtual offering setting: “Event(s) may be changed to virtual offerings dependent on the status of the COVID-19 shelter-in-place.” Event planning forms for 2020-21 events scheduled between July-November should be submitted as soon as possible. Staff should make sure that all events occurring between July-November are posted online by mid-June. Student Event information needs to be submitted by June 1st.
- Year-End Closing: Classified staff and budget coordinators will soon receive an invitation to the Year-End Closing workshop hosted by Business. The process for closing out POs, invoices, and budgets will be reviewed at this workshop. Please make sure to review the timeline that will be distributed at the workshop and adhere to any deadlines set by Business.
- Supplemental Employee HRAs: HRAs for supplemental employees (including event presenters / SCOE Trainers) do not carry over into the new fiscal year and are not automatically processed. If you plan to hire a supplemental employee in 2020-21 to support your content area or event (i.e. trainers, event judges, coaches, facilitators, teacher-leader presenters, etc), please submit a HRA Request Form to Stacie by June 30th.
- Contracts for Certificated Managers: The 2020-21 contracts for SCOE employee certificated managers will be sent by HR soon. Certificated managers should make sure to submit the signed contract according to the timeline that will be provided by HR.
- Work Calendars for Certificated Managers: Stacie has shared a personalized Google Doc work calendar template with each ESS certificated manager. As a reminder, STRS rules dictate that you work at least 1 day in each month (including July). Once you've completed your calendar, please notify Stacie via email (please complete your calendar no later than May 29th!).
Thanks in advance for your cooperation with these requests.
kNOw HATE Toolkit
The kNOw HATE Toolkit for educators and youth service providers is a youth driven implementation model to address and promote the prevention of hate through education, awareness, and engagement. Hosted by OC Human Relations, this one-day workshop is available for free on two separate dates: March 30 or March 31. See this flier for more details. Our Admin office has asked that we share this information with educators - please spread the word.
New Password Reset Tool
SCOE has a new password reset server that is readily available to help users reset their passwords without contacting the IT helpdesk. This new tool will also send expiration notices to your email when your password is getting close to the 180-day expiration date. Learn more about this new tool and how to use it. Amanda Snook is also able to assist with any question you might have.
UPDATED DOCUMENT - CONFERENCE/TRAVEL CLAIM (NEW MILEAGE RATE)
Please use the new 2020 Conference/Travel Claim form in the Forms box on the left beginning with your January mileage. For mileage that occurred prior to January 1, please use the old 2019 Conference/Travel Claim form in the Forms box on the left.
Announcement re: Paychecks on 11/27 and 12/30
Due to the fact that the ESS department has been deemed "closed" for Thanksgiving break on November 27-29 and Winter break December 23-January 3, all paper paychecks and ACH paper copies will be mailed out on the pay dates (11/27/19 and 12/30/19).
If you would prefer to pick up your paper paycheck or ACH paper copy in person the morning of the pay date, you must go to Business Services before 10am on the pay date. All remaining paper paychecks and ACH paper copies will be put in the mail that day at 10am.
There is no change or action needed for those who typically receive direct deposit and the emailed ACH copy.
Questions may be directed to:
- Stacie Post-Sheffer, Administrative Specialist