Literacy: Listening / Reading / Sharing
The more we read the better readers we become – here are resources for you, your students and their families.
TeachingBooks.net will help you across a wide swath of teaching and learning ideas for reading:
- K12 Collection of resources for over 68,000 books, including Diverse Books.
- Ready-to-use lesson plans and vocabulary lists for books you to use every day.
- Exclusive Meet-the-Author Recordings bring the authors into your classrooms.
- Customizable resources integrate into Google Classroom, digital calendars and more.
- Support ELL with the World Language Collection and Google Translate on every page
Do. Not. Miss this: Free training and support.
Other Reading Resources
- Stories online! Storyteller George Pilling shares some of the best old stories: georgepilling.com/freestories
- Reading lists from diverse perspectives / author. (From: Karen Greenberg:)
- Looking for reading lists of excellent reads? Let ALA help: libguides.ala.org/recommended-reading
- What to read next. Enter the book you just read or one that you loved. This site will help you find others like it: www.whatshouldireadnext.com
- Storyline Online: The SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s children’s literacy website streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading award-winning children’s books. Each book includes supplemental curriculum developed by an elementary teacher.
- Reading Rockets: This national public media literacy initiative offers information and reading literacy resources including classroom strategies, content area literacy, author interviews, themed book lists, and professional development opportunities. A companion bilingual initiative for ELL called Colorin Colorado.