Social Justice, Racism, and Diversity: Tools, Resources, and Organizations
- Find resources, background information, and discussion guidance on
- the history and context of the Black Lives Matter movement with the book: I Am Alfonso Jones by Tony Medina.
- Facilitate discussions of racial disparity in the criminal justice system with The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander.
- Pair this video book trailer with these discussion questions for When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir by Patrisse Khan-Cullors and Asha Bandele
- This site lists movies to help you teach about Black Lives Matter and other social justice issues.
- Includes a list of the best podcasts for teens;
- resources for understanding climate change
- history of pandemics
Teaching People's History
The Zin Project turns your history teaching upside down – give it a shot.
- 3rd Grade Climate Change
- Tulsa Massacre
- Constitutional Convention
- more more more more more....
Stanford History Education Group
Teaching history through primary sources – asking questions – examining history critically. Using images as document based questions –DBQ-
15 Classroom Resources for discussing racism, policing, and protest:
A booklist of reading to help you discover your own bias; and move forward with your teaching.
Offers a newsletter that comes to your mailbox filled with teacher related information on a wide variety of topics.