Social Justice, Racism, and Diversity: Tools, Resources, and Organizations
- Find resources, background information, and discussion guidance on
- The history and context of the Black Lives Matter movement with the book: I Am Alfonso Jones by Tony Medina.
- Facilitate discussions of racial disparity in the criminal justice system with The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander.
- Pair this video book trailer with these discussion questions for When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir by Patrisse Khan-Cullors and Asha Bandele
Teaching People's History
The Zinn Education Project turns your history teaching upside down – give it a shot.
- 3rd Grade Climate Change
- Tulsa Massacre
- Constitutional Convention
- more more more more more....
Stanford History Education Group
Teaching history through primary sources – asking questions – examining history critically. Using images as document based questions –DBQ-
15 Classroom Resources for discussing racism, policing, and protest:
Common Sense Media
Common Sense Media does the work for you, curating the best diversity, equity, and inclusivity resources for the classroom. Don’t miss the Top Picks list!