Social Justice, Racism, and Diversity: Tools, Resources, and Organizations
- Find resources, background information, and discussion guidance on
- The history and context of the Black Lives Matter movement with the book: I Am Alfonso Jones by Tony Medina.
- Facilitate discussions of racial disparity in the criminal justice system with The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander.
- Pair this video book trailer with these discussion questions for When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir by Patrisse Khan-Cullors and Asha Bandele
- This site lists movies to help you teach about Black Lives Matter and other social justice issues.
- Includes a list of the best podcasts for teens;
- Resources for understanding climate change
- History of pandemics
Teaching People's History
The Zinn Education Project turns your history teaching upside down – give it a shot.
- 3rd Grade Climate Change
- Tulsa Massacre
- Constitutional Convention
- more more more more more....
Stanford History Education Group
Teaching history through primary sources – asking questions – examining history critically. Using images as document based questions –DBQ-
15 Classroom Resources for discussing racism, policing, and protest:
Culturally Responsive Leadership – Joe Truss
A booklist of reading to help you discover your own bias; and move forward with your teaching.
Offers a newsletter that comes to your mailbox filled with teacher related information on a wide variety of topics.
Common Sense Media
Common Sense Media does the work for you, curating the best diversity, equity, and inclusivity resources for the classroom. Don’t miss the Top Picks list!