Mindful Schools 101: Mindfulness Foundations
Why 101 Mindfulness Foundations? Educating and mentoring our youth is a calling that draws some of the most dedicated people on the planet. Educators serve on the frontlines of mitigating our nation's social challenges, but they are often themselves overwhelmed and lack the support to cope with the acute stress and trauma that plays out in their classrooms. It's tough, high-stakes work that can result in anxiety, overwhelm, and burnout.
Mindfulness offers strategies that help educators feel more calm, effective, connected, and resilient. Research shows that mindfulness cultivates skills to manage stress and to build attention, focus, and resilience - empowering educators to feel nourished and energized to create safe, supportive spaces for students in the classroom, at home, and beyond.
101: Mindfulness Foundations features a choice of session: January 11 - February 7 OR February 8 - March 6. This registration is to participate in an online, self-paced course through Mindful Schools. Each week, participants will receive access to another week's module.
Time to complete: 4 weeks (15 hours). Expect to dedicate about 3 hours per week.
This course includes:
- Live session: one hour live call, guided by Mindful Schools faculty
- Instruction and resources: learn via video, guided audio, reading, and course activities
- Stipend: $200 stipend per participant upon signed SCOE stipend agreement and submission of certificate of completion to SCOE.
- Forum: build connection with peers and faculty for discussion and feedback
- *January session only* Retreat: included in January SCOE sponsored session only. Join a powerful five hour Saturday virtual retreat as a part of your course experience.
January 101R Session- Course start Jan 11; One hour live session Jan 24, 1pm PT or 4pm PT; *optional* Saturday retreat Jan 27, 8am-1pm PT; Course end Feb 7.
February 101 Session- Course start Feb 8; One hour live session Feb 21, 1pm PT or 4pm PT; Course end Mar 6.
DO NOT REGISTER at mindfulschools.org. Register at the link below.
|When||January 11, 2024 - February 7, 2024
N/A - N/A
|Audience||Sonoma County public school TK-12 teachers, administrators, counselors, paraprofessionals/classified staff|
|Registration||Arissa Hieter, 707-522-3147, email@example.com|
|Questions||Emily Selim, (707) 524-2844, firstname.lastname@example.org|