Synopsys-Sonoma County STEAM Showcase
STEAM Showcase in the News
This Press Democrat article describes how the first-ever STEAM Showcase, an action-packed event, drew more than 350 students from around the county!
SCOE’s shift to the STEAM Showcase was highlighted by a national organization in this article in MakerPromise.
2023 Event Details and Resources
Who: Sonoma County Students and Educators TK-12
When: March 2, 2023
Where: Sonoma County Fairgrounds & Events Center (1350 Bennett Valley Road, Santa Rosa, CA)
Theme: The story of...
Pre-Event Training and Deadlines:
- Intent to Participate has been closed. All spots have been allocated for 2023.
- January 13, 2023: Disclaimer form submitted by teacher/project mentor
- February 3, 2023: Participant Google Forms submitted by teacher/project mentor to articulate:
- Grade Level(s)
- Individual or Group Project
- Name(s) of Individual(s) or Group
- What format the project will take
- February 3-March 2, 2023 (ongoing): Documentation submitted to your assigned Google Drive project folder. All documentation must be in the folder before March 2nd. Please start early!
- PLEASE NOTE: ONE FORM SUBMITTED FOR EACH PROJECT
Support for Schools
One or more SCOE STEAM Showcase representatives will be available to support planning for teachers and project mentors through a video conference or a site visit as needed. This support can include ideas for launching projects, best practices for success, help navigating logistical details, and answering questions you may have. If you are interested in scheduling a video conference or site visit, please email Anna Babarinde or Penny Cleary.