Teacher of the Year Program
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Fully credentialed teacher for a minimum of eight years.
- Must have a minimum of eight years of credentialed teaching experience in the classroom.
- Currently assigned to teach students at least .5 FTE.
- Assigned to teach students for the 2022-23 school year.
- Administrators must complete the nomination form.
- Nomination forms must be returned to Bonnie Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- DEADLINE: no later than 4 p.m. on May 19, 2023.
Additionally, applicants must:
- Have demonstrated leadership and innovation in and outside of the classroom walls that embodies lifelong learning.
- Have expressed themselves in an engaging and articulate way.
- Be available to fulfill ambassadorial duties during the year of service (if selected as California Teacher of the Year).
- Have the support of their principal/employer.
All materials must be returned to:
Sonoma County Office of Education
Superintendent’s Office, Attn: Bonnie Brown
5340 Skylane Blvd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95403