Common Child Care Questions
How Can I start a day-care center or preschool?
- Contact Sheila Whipple, Program Coordinator, at Community Child Care Council (4Cs) of Sonoma County. Email swhipple@sonoma4Cs.org or Phone 522-1413, ext 156.
Where can I find a good preschool? Can you recommend one?
- Information is available through the Community Child Care Council (4Cs) of Sonoma County. Their brochures are available in both English and Spanish and can be accessed online.
- Call 4Cs Resource and Referral staff at (707) 544-3077 for more information.
- Contact Community Care Licensing at (844) 538-8766 or visit their website: http://www.cdss.ca.gov/inforesources/Community-Care-Licensing.
How can I report child neglect or abuse?
- Sonoma County’s Family Youth and Children’s Services Department has a Child Protection Hotline that operates 24/7. Call (707) 565-4304 or (800) 870-7064. For more information visit their website: https://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Human-Services/Family-Youth-Children/Prevent-and-Report-Child-Abuse/.
Please Visit our Resources page for more resources for various needs.