What is Quality Counts for California State Preschool Program (CSPP)?
Quality Counts for CSPP is the Quality Improvement and Rating System (QIRS) for state-funded preschool programs in Sonoma County. Funded by First 5 California and the California Department of Education, Quality Counts for CSPP sites will help improve early care and education in our community by:
- Providing CSPP sites with financial support to enhance and maintain high levels of quality.
- Establishing uniform standards of excellence.
- Improving outcomes for children who attend higher quality care throughout Sonoma County.
- Quality is rated using the Quality Counts California Adapted Rating Matrix and the following local rating guidelines for achieving Tier 5. Local Center Rating Matrix (English)
All Quality Counts CSPP participants receive the following:
- Technical assistance from a trained expert in quality early education for sites rated at Tiers 4 and 5
- One-on-one coaching for unrated sites or sites rated at Tier 3 or below.
- Access to training and numerous professional development opportunities.
- Financial support to enhance and maintain high levels of quality.
Who is eligible?
Quality Counts for CSPP is open to licensed CSPP child care programs, serving children 0-5 in Sonoma County. Priority is given to programs that serve at promise children (low-income families, dual-language learners, and/or children with special needs).
*California State Preschool Programs (CSPP) are automatically enrolled in Quality Counts for CSPP and do not need to apply to Quality Counts. Click here if you are not a CSPP site and are interested in other Quality Counts supports such as coaching and professional development.
To view the most Current CSPP Rating, click here.
Contact Quality Counts for CSPP:
Susy Marron, email@example.com, (707) 524-2658
If you are not a CSPP site, contact:
Jerri Leighton, firstname.lastname@example.org, (707) 544-3077 or
Kathleen Kelley, KathleenK@earlylearninginstitute.com, (707) 591-0170
The Sonoma County Office of Education is committed to making its online materials and information accessible to individuals of all abilities. Individuals may obtain an alternate, accessible version of the content in these documents by contacting email@example.com and by including a copy of the document as an attachment. If you are unable to attach a copy of the document, please indicate the document name and website location. SCOE staff will respond to your request within 2-business days.
Acronym & Terminology:
Click here for an Acronym & Terminology Guide in English.